Monday, April 2, 2012

My Movies

Generally when I go through my 'fix the movies' phase, I hop on the computer, fire up my Movie List Excel file, and start plugging in my new movies. When I run out of new movies I add new information to the older movies. This time around I couldn't do that, the computer that has my most current movie list also only has an expired trial version of Excel.

So I did what any smart-phone owner would do in my situation. I looked for an App. After a little searching, and trial and error, I found one I really like. My Movies for iPhone. I can scan in my collection by barcode or type in the name. It has almost all of the information I like to keep track of, and I can filter the list by almost any of that information. One of my favorite features is the "shake to open random". Shake the phone and a movie from your list pops up. I use it to pick movies when I don't know what I am in the mood for.

For the next little while it might also be how I pick the movie to post about. So far all of my ratings  for movies have been on the high end. At first I thought I just liked all movies and I was being to kind in my ratings. Then I realized, I've been writing about the movies I've been watching. I generally only watch the movies I like the most. So for you, dear reader, I will watch the crap again (I might skip a few... some of my movies are really dumb...).

And to really look out for your interests, I might even have to go see a few theater new releases (I hope, but ticket prices are so stinking high).

No comments:

Post a Comment