Friday, February 17, 2012

In Time

PG-13 (2011)
Violence, some sexualty and partial nudity, and strong language

Humans have been genetically engineered to stop aging at 25. Extra time must be earned, and that time is the currency as well as life. In the poor areas people literally live day to day, minute to minute. In the rich areas men are well over 100 years old, and have thousands of years in reserve.

4.5 out of 5

(I would wait until about 16 before letting my imaginary kids watch this one, before that all they will see is the violence, they will miss the point of the movie)

I stumbled across this movie on VUDU (which, by the way, is probably not a good thing for my movie addiction). I had seen posters for it, but hadn't seen a preview or read anything about it.
I watched this movie expecting mediocre, and then Justin Timberlake blew me away. I know he has been in movies for a while now, but this is the first time I have seen him carry a movie. He was real, raw, and touching. The chemistry between him and Amanda Seyfried was believable. The action was intense.
Some elements of the movie are a little overdone (i.e. spoiled rich girl goes for angry slum boy), but it was good enough it didn't matter. And more than that, it was true enough that it didn't matter.
So, odds are, if you are reading this... you can and should watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment